1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas 4.
2. Place the tamarind pulp into a bowl and add the hot water.
3. Mix well and allow the seeds to sink.
4. Pass through a sieve and discard the seeds.
5. In a medium pan, add the oil and the onions. Sauté the onions over a medium heat for 3 minutes until soft.
6. Add the garlic and sauté for a further 30 seconds.
7. Add in the coriander and stir for 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Add in the spices, tamarind and salt.
9. Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes until the moisture is reduced. Be careful not to let it dry out.
10. Place the salmon in a suitable ovenproof dish and spread the mixture over the fillets.
11. Bake for 30 minutes. There is no need to cover the fish whilst in the oven.
12. Once baked, transfer to a serving dish with a side of steamed vegetables!